AnimeRPMadness

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Bar > Taftley's Tavern

Sicarius

She liked it here...it was quiet...relatively devoid of people...the proprietor didn't ask questions...He also made one hell of a sandwich...

Silver eyes adjusted easily to the dim lighting. The Inspectress moved quietly, easily to a small table in a shadowy corner of the bar and sat down. Save for a few regular patrons the place was empty...not too many frequented this place...granted, that wasn't so strange, not many knew about it. A soft sigh escaped her and she ran a hand wearily through her hair. It had been another long night poring over various tomes, trying to find something that could explain the rash of mysterious killings that plagued the city. The gruesome images of the victims played out like a slideshow through her mind. She started and blinked at the sound of something being set on the table's surface. "Wha-?" the unfinished question quickly died as she looked down to see a tokkuri and a single ochoko. "But I didn't order-" Seeing the stern yet kindly gaze of the owner/bartender, she let her protest die and took up the small drinking vessel. "Thank you Taftley..." Faell said, nodding at him and taking a sip. Lips lifted briefly in a smile as she tilted her head slightly to one side, "Plum...you remembered..." He gave a grunt in reply, then turned to move back behind the bar, stopping only when she spoke again, "What do I owe you?" His reply was a brief snort before he continued on.

The grizzled barkeep was like that...a man of few words...and very generous...at least as far as LaChance was concerned. It was funny. The way he treated her. It was significantly different from how he treated the other customers...Oh, sure, he was courteous, but never as much as he was with her. She got the feeling he knew more about her than she did. He was a burly man, broad shouldered...looked to be in his mid to late forties...his face was slightly haggard and his eyes were wise...and he never hesitated to jump into the fray whenever things got out of hand in his bar...not that it happened very often...This was, for the most part, neutral territory, after all...

She took another drink, letting her thoughts wander back to the case. Once more she was startled at the sound of something being set down on the table. "Oh..." LaChance looked down at the plate of food before her. A porkchop sandwich, homemade potato salad, a crisp dill pickle, and chips. She gave a soft sigh and pushed it back, "...Thanks Taftley, but I'm not hungry..." He pushed it back with a grunt, knowing she was lying even before her stomach's growl gave her away. Giving a sigh she picked up a fork and began eating the potato salad as Taftley once more moved behind the bar. The Inspectress wondered why she found herself here...it wasn't as if Taftley had any answers for her...and while the rice wine was nice and the food was good, she was anything but relaxed at the moment. If anything Faell was more on edge. A soft sigh as she finished the food on her plate and poured yet another cup of sake. The other patrons had trickled out one by one; now it was just her and the old barkeep. Hours passed in silence as Faell drank and Taftley went about straightening up the bar. When the tokkuri was empty he refilled it without a word, then left to retire in his apartment above the bar. If someone came in, he knew Faell would handle them.

November 3, 2012 at 2:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Heart

"Such a intresting place we got here, its quiet, Dark, & seems to draw less buiness then most others bars i've seen in this city. a perfect place to relax & plan our next course of action."

The old door to the bar opened with a loud creak as the cloaked form of a man was revealed standing in the doorway his body completely blocked from view by the reddish brown cloak he wore the only skin visable being the pale skin of his mouth & chin which was raised in a high smile much like you'd come to expect from a cartoon villian like joker.

The man's cloak softly skrapped the floor as he walked his feet never showing infact the way he moved was almost like he was gliding across the ground as his upper body didn't seem to move at all not even a single muscle reaction to his movement not that it would be seen from under his cloak anyway but what stood out most was the dark aura around him which seemed to cut the air thin like a knife. The figure mad no jestures toward the many people then stepped back as he passed most holding their breath unknowingly as he slowly took a seat at one of the barstools infront of the main bar as the light over him started to freak out, brightening, dimming, & going out completely befor flickering on & off.

"Such sad reactions...is no one in here able to handle a bit of darkness...how droll.....Barkeep i'll have a applecider...infact i'll just take the bottle." Slowly his clocked right arm moved revealing a pale white hand which seemed to be riddled with cracks from the back of his hand up passed his wrists, The man's fingers slowly uncurled as a hundred dollar bill fell from his hand onto the table hitting the solid wood just as everyone released the breath they had been unknowingly holding in. "Hmmm...one it seems isn't effected by my darkness at all....Barkeep get the girl in the corner a drink on me....That silver eyes noble has earned my respect & such deserves a reward."

Minutes passed with what seemed like hours as most customers left leaving only a few drunks, Faell, & the mysterious man which waited calmly for his drink unmoving in the slightest almost like he was dead or a statue. "Noble, may i ask for the honor of your name?" The man's voice came out smooth his S's being a bit drawn out almost like a hiss but aside from this nothing seemed odd about his voice aside from the slight dark undertone. "Oh my drink, thank you sir." With that said the man took ahold of the bottle but stopped as he moved his head up slightly the light above his head reflecting off the round glasses that covered his eyes blocking them from slight as the light revealed more of his face thanks to the angle at which he moved. Strands of silver hair showed passed the hood which fell back slightly revealing the cracked skin of his cheeks; The man's hand slowly lifted the bottle as he placed the opening to his lips then took a singe drink then put it down. The drink had been settle inspite of the large amount he had took a task not easy for the alchoholic in nature but his movements was what really stood out; they was quick & fluint with little to no wasted energy. These was all signs of training & discipline but training from what, that was the true mystery.

January 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius

Taftley had merely raised his eyebrows slightly at the newcomer's entrance, then went back to doing what he did best...serving his customers.  He easily swept up the stranger's money and handed him the correct change, nodding his head in the direction of a simple wooden plaque in which the words 'Neutral Territory' were carved.  He gave a noncommital grunt at the man's reward comment and did not move to serve the silver eyed female.  He knew she would leave it untouched, even if his hand poured it...He knew she'd heard his comment; knew she found the idea of being rewarded for simply being true to her nature absurd.

Faell sat there silently, not addressing the stranger...waiting until the last customer left, until Taftley himself had retired from the premises, then looked up from her ochoko.  "You remarked earlier that the other patrons were unable to handle a bit of darkness...that is far from the case I assure you...if anything they have handled more than their fair share...they come here for a bit of respite...this is neutral ground...As for my name, please, call me LaChance..." a pause, a sip, "And what name would you have me call you by Mister?"  She now took up the ochoko and the tokkuri and moved behind the bar.  Both were empty...it was a simple matter to wash and dry them before returning them to their rightful place on a small shelf just under the bar.  Seeing the empty bottle, she gave a slight nod, then grabbed another and placed it in front of him.  "Apple, just like the last...only difference is it was brewed by Taftley himself...a token of apology if you will, as I realize my not accepting your reward could have been percieved as an insult."  Silver gaze was calm and level as she studied the stranger.  The Inspectress wasn't quite sure what to make of this one...his aura was familiar, she'd dealt with countless ones like it before...his features were odd, but not so odd as to cause her to raise her guard anymore than she usually did...She decided to do as she was accustomed to doing:  wait and watch.

January 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Heart

The man merely smirked as he saw the bartender stand not deliverying his drink as he requested but instead of getting angry the man merely smiled, "Ahh i see, she's one of those types....Then i again i suppose i was out of my place...Common folk don't give gifts to the noble for such things would be a insult to the glory they could receive at their own hands." With that said the man merely returned to his drink taking sips every once in awhile with his eyes focused forward nevermoving once more as hours seemed to pass like minutes.

A silence fell over the bar, the only sound being the fadding echo of the cars that drove by outside but then was broken by the words of Lachance making the man glance at his drink which was now empty infront of him. "I see so you've dealt with the darkness but i'm afraid you may have miss understood my meaning, The darkness of which i spoke was human of nature....mine was more of a supernatural nature but you've dealt with the supernatural before from what i can tell." Once the new bottle was placed before him the man smiled then placed a few dollars on the counter, "My apologies Madam Lachance but i can't take this without paying....Nobles don't give gifts to common folk like vice versa. To do so would give the average man to big of feeling of greed or higher being. His heart would become cold like that of stone except to the noble which he would worship like a god trying to get more favors." 

With a quick slight of hand his hand was wrapped completely around the glass which he then lifted up releasing it just to move his hand to the button of it before it could even fall, "This glass will help prove my point, The glass remains the same never changing but throw a liquid in the drink & its form with mend to that of the glass. The glass is noble but its contents are fickle & common.....I'm sure you are smart enough to understand this being a noble as you are." 

A silence fell between the to for but a moment before it was broken by the cloaked man once more, "Oh my apologies i forgot my manners....my name is Sith but you need not worry yourself with the name of a common man." Yellow snake like eyes moved upslightly landing on Lachance as the man pushed his glasses up on his face then took a drink from his new apple cidar causing him to freeze before chuckling, "amazing....be sure to give my respects to your friend...this is a superb glass of Cider." His eyes remained on Lachance never blinking as a eerie glow showed in his eyes, it was clear that she wasn't the only one watching in this interaction. "I see, Your intelligence is quite amazing noble; You are quick witted like a cat but aren't distracted by small things like others. You also have faced great threats & dealt with things that would cause even the bravest of souls to freeze with fear but that dont bother you...even now you are maintaining focus your eyes maintaing their mark on me. I can also see that you haven't been sleeping regularly like others...work perhaps but what intrests me most is this....The way your eyes speak out....You are clearly tried to judge & see through eyes leading me to my conclustion.....You are either a cop or detective but seeing as your demeanor shows more collect & less rashness...You must be a detective....am i right?" 

--

"The fangs of a beast will never reach the moon but that dont stop one from trying."
January 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius

"No, Sir," she replied, leaning slightly against the old wooden bar, "I did not misunderstand...though I think pehaps you did...the darkness those people have experienced has been due to both human nature and that which is supernatural..."

A slight nod, and she picked up the money, easily moving to put it in the register, slipping a few twenties in as well. She knew full well Taftley never would accept payment from her, just as he knew she would not take something for nothing. This was their silent arrangement. "As you wish," she replied, shutting the drawer.

Faell listened to the man's words, then, at his comment about the cider, she gave a soft chuckle. "I understand your using the glass and its contents to denote the differences betwixt commoner and noble, however, I think you and I can both agree Taftley's brew is anything but common..." What was this? A joke from the normally stoic Inspectress? How odd...and yet, perhaps not...It never got old, seeing the expressions of surprise and sometimes outright delight on the faces of those who got their first taste of Taftley's creations.

"Inspectress..." a voice spoke out suddenly. Faell's eyes flicked over to the left, focusing on a male dressed in a light grey suit. His expression was slightly apologetic. "Yes, Alistair?" her voice was calm, with faintly warm undertones that bade him continue and not worry about the interruption. "The tome you requested is in its usual place...and I'm afraid another one has been found...the file will arrive this evening..." "Thank you," she replied, then her gaze locked onto a scratch on his left cheek, "Alistair...is there something you are not telling me?" The man looked down, "Mister Noah and I had...a misunderstanding..." A nod, "I know all about Noah's misunderstandings...I will take care of it..." The dark haired man seemed about to object, but Faell simply smiled, "...it is a small matter, Alistair. Do not trouble yourself by worrying..." And then the man was gone...

She turned now to the stranger, "My apologies, Mister Sith," she said, taking the time to pour him another glass of cider. "I had forgotten about my earlier request...and now you know the answer to your question...I am indeed, a detective...though you will never see my name in any papers or on a schedule or on a payroll...you will never hear me talked about by any other detectives, even my former partner seldom mentions me...and that is the way I prefer it." A pause, "But, onto other things...what brought you here? To this place specifically?"

January 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Heart

The yellow eyes of Sith closed slightly his lips remaining in a almost twisted smile, "One of yours is here." Just after he said this the man in named Alistair appeared but still the quiet Sith didn't so much as make a single flinch or even comment about the man's sudden appearance a intresting turn of events seeing as most would have at least been a bit surprised but not Sith. Quietly Sith took another drink of his Cider listening to the two talk quietly about the current Murder cases she was investigating; Yes he did indeed know what she was doing just as he knew of the recent murders which also pulled him into this city but for reasons only he would know.

Sith's eyes opened once more just as Alister vanished then he saw the detective pouring him another glass as he lightly tapped the wodden table then moved a single finger along the surface moving his finger as if to make write something on it but stopped once he heard her speak as he shook his head, "Thats to be expected, Your not the type for reputation. YOu would rather let your actions prove your worth not words; I can respect that." He slowly moved his fingers to the cup but didn't lift it as a large snake moved it's head out from under its cloak staring straight at Lachance. "I am well aware of the time Orochi." Hearing Sith say this the large snake looked back at im then moved back inside the cloak seeming to almost vanish once inside. "I do apologise, Orochi is quite rude at times; He still believes he is the God Orochi from legend...partly to blame on me i suppose but i digress...about your question..I'm in this city on buiness as for coming in here, It was more so of the location but also of how quiet it is. You see Lachance...My intel has told me...The next victim will be...in this area. I'm here to see if this is correct."

Slowly his eyes shifted as his head moved for the first time in quite awhile, his eyes landing on the clock on the far wall seeing it nearing the witching hour, "It's nearly midnight already, Perhaps you'd like some company on your way back to your home? Id be more than happy to accompany you if you so wish, You are such a intresting woman. I could learn much from you but this is like a purposed a offer, If you'd rather walk home alone i'd understand." A loud bell rang out through the tavern as the old grand father clock sounded signalling that it was midnight now. "Seems it's that time again."

--

"The fangs of a beast will never reach the moon but that dont stop one from trying."
January 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius

She looked over at the snake and gave a small nod to acknowledge his presence. "It is of little consequence..." she replied in answer to Sith's apology. "I doubt the Unfortunate will be here...again, this is neutral territory...OtherWorlders know better than to break the Accord...even one as...shall we say, destructive? as this being seems to be would not risk the consequences..."

Lips twitched, "Do what you will," she replied, moving out from behind the bar. It was only a few moments beforee she was at the door of the tavern, and a few moments more before the door was open...though it was made of heavy oak, it moved easily at her touch. She would wait until Sith had left, turn the lock on the inner knob, then shut it behind her...That was all that was needed...No one touched Taftley's...no one dared...Even the local criminal element, ones who would steal anything they possibly could, did not bother the establishment or its owner.

She walked down the sidewalk, stride was relaxed yet purposeful...Silver eyes took in the night scenery. It was relaxing in away, the city at night...LaChance found herself smiling for a few moments as she walked along in the murkey light. She didn't bother looking to see if Sith had followed her; truth was, she didn't really care. Right now she was in her element; in fact, the Inspectress was almost enjoying herself.

February 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Heart

Sith merely followed Lachance not speaking a single words but oddly enough kept his eyes focused on Lachance as if he was scanning her or something, Feeling a soft breeze blow by made Sith smirk as he stopped. "Inspectress....I'd wait or you'll miss that." As he said this a large booming sound echoed through the city as a whole section of the town was caught up in a powerful explsion as Black flames spread throughout engulfing all that got near.

"Seems my hunch was correct Inspectress, This man holds little fear or respect for the things of which you spoke....then again if he had....I never would have been sent out" Yellow snake like eyes looked above the buildings as he saw a fainst glow from the flames as well as pitch black smoke which flowed through the city forming a thick smog of sorts.

--

February 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius

Lips lifted in a silent snarl as the sound of a deafening blast ripped through the night...in a flash, she was gone, only to reappear seconds later high above the carnage.  She looked to be standing on air, silver eyes looking down at the devestation, wind whipping loosened strands of hair about her face.  Left hand rose and traced a few glowing symbols in the air.  Silver eyes flashed once as she witnessed the flames and smoke gradually disappear.

So much for a quiet evening...

And then, she was back on the sidewalk, strolling along as if nothing had happened.  "Gasline exploded," she murmured, "That is likely how they will decide to spin it...once it is all over..."  Of course, there will be more than this to deal with tonight...that is how these things always go...

February 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Heart

Sudden as if on cue the flames shot up again growing in size as they a red symbol appeared on a fare building blocked by the flames. "It's a spell & not a weak one at that....let's see if i can stop it Lachance." a serpent like voice spoke through the city before Sith appeared beside Lachance quickly biting his finger as he started to draw a arcane circle unto the ground then clapped his hands together before slamming them on the circle which lite up before a dark purple orb appeared in the center of the fire quickly drawing the fire into it tell nothing remained then the orb vansihed as well.

"Flames of raz can't be put out by physical means & trying to make it disperse by Magical means won't work either...It feels off magic energy to grow....that spell you used only made it stronger to defeat the Flames you got to send it away or absorb it instead....The black hole spell i just used would suffice for that." With that said Sith slowly got to his feet as the arcane circle made of blood started turning to steam then faded from the ground. "Perhaps you'd like assistance with catching this one? I'll gladly offer my assistance if youd like."

--

February 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius

"My actions served their purpose," she replied, "...namely, they insured my people being able to extract those in harm's way...Though I thank  you for that information."

LaChance gave a soft sigh, "Considering I have no leads on who might have done this at this time, your assistance would be most welcome..." A slight pause, "Feel free to fill me in at your leisure...and, if you would be so kind, stay close and say nothing when the officers show up...we'll know whether they want our assistance or not...and," lips curled in a mirthless smile, "if they don't, we do our helping from the shadows..."  Please let it be McGinty who shows up...she thought.  At least with her former partner she'd get some answers.

March 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Heart

Sith nodded at her words then placed his hand on the ground before drawing a symbol into the ground before it lite up then a small model of the city was forged from the concrete, "As you know...we are here...The resent spick has been happening here...here...here...& here..." As he said this small red orbs appeared where he pointed, "At first glance it will seem like random acts but look closer....every murder has happen one block closer to this building with each one.....the first murder was way out at the outskirts of the city...then the next one just inside the city...then at the bank...& finally here at the bar.....but what you may not know is that the year before murders started to happening at the other end of town in a similiar pattern but ended at the bus station....i believe the target is trying to make a arcane symbol with the murders....if so the center would be this building...now en with a large symbol a caster still has to press magic through the center......so i believe our mastermind has some kinda plan for this building called sealer's labs." Once he finished speaking the concrete shifted back going flat once more before he stood up slowly, "We are also aware that the target has to have some knowledge of the arcane as you have just seen....but that is all the info i have at this moment."

--

March 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius

Silver eyes stared intently at the model of the city, "...An interesting plan...but extremely risky...Murders, both mundane and magick, happen often in this city...and the department leaks like a sieve...one well-done copycat murder in the wrong place and all his work is undone...not to mention there are far better places to conduct such a feat...this city isn't really connected to the power of the Leylines..." She waited for him to rise. "As for knowledge of the Arcane...the perpetrator's is sadly lacking...There are easier ways to go about doing this...there are Contracts one can get...and, if one has the know-how, ways of breaking them once whatever you have planned is finished...granted, you might not make many friends that way...Though," a finger rose to thoughtfully tap her left cheek, "one carrying out this ritual would not lose sleep over that..."

May 13, 2013 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.