AnimeRPMadness

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Reserved Area! > Adventure Time! Ranaha and Jinx

Ranaha

The quaint town was nestled in the mountains,a cobble stone road running through the town,without many visitors. On this warm day in Summer the town was pretty much deserted. You could look down the cobble stone road and see every building nestled in that little town, the bank, the post office, the inn, and the bakery. The sun was coming up from a long night of darkness, but many of the town members had already been up for a few hours.

Alice kneeded the dough sighing, she threw the dough down on the counter and put more flour onto the dough.
"If you keep beating the dough like that, its going to be a sour as you Alice," her brother Anthony joked as he came in carrying a hot plate of bread from the stone oven.
"Ha ha your halarious Anthony I'm dying of laughter over here." She said heavy sarcasm. It was just like everyday, The same thing over and over again. All she wanted was something new to happen in their little town

June 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Joceline walked into the bakery, scanning the inside of it. She and her family had moved to the town a month earlier, so she hardly knew everyone here, even if it was a small town. She was a middle child of eleven, though the second oldest still living with her parents. Her older brother lived with them too, when he felt inclined to come home from visiting their older brothers. Joceline was the only girl, so with her mother's health fading, she was left to being the mother when her's was too sick. Today was one of those days, though it was getting better. Sense they had moved back to her mother's home town her health had gotten better. Today just happened to be one of the bad days, so Joceline had to trade her normal daily rutine in for her mothers. Usually, she was no where to be seen after doing her chores, sense the youngest were there if mother needed help. Joceline was off in the woods, long hair tied up, dressed as a man, and hunting and acting like one. Raised to be the perfect wife, she craved more adventure then her life could provide.

"Be quick Joceline, the boys will be starving by the time we get back." Ulriq said with a grin. He was the oldest boy still living at home, and nothing but trouble. Which is how all of them were. Charming, good looking, kind and gentleman like when they wanted. Brave, honest, and loyal like their father, and cunning and mischevious like him too. Ulriq was a year older and a foot taller then his sister, but they shared their mother's dirty blonde hair-though they each had their father's curls- and grey eyes.

Joceline narrowed her eyes on him, "Did I, or did I not give you something to do to occupy yourself while I was in here?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "But, sense you're in here." She put the basket she'd been holding in his arms. Then she turned from him, arms crossed once more, and Ulriq was forced to stand there holding a basket with pink ribbons. If he set it down, he knew full well that she would kick and punch him.

Joceline

Ulriq

--
No one will love you the way I do
June 19, 2012 at 2:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

Anthony made his way out of the back of the bakery, with the hot tray in his hands, "Alice, you have costumers," he yelled back to her as he started the bread display. "And whats wrong with you that you couldn't do it?" She said walking out from the back. She was covered with flour and as she tried to wipe it off of her face she ended up with more on her nose. But she had a big smile for them, "How can I help you today? As you can see we have fresh baked bread coming out of the oven right now. You'll get to taste our first batch of the day." she smiled getting a cloth bag to put their order in.

June 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Joceline smirked at her brother, then turned to Alice when she came out. "Hello, um.. I don't know a thing about bread, so you're free to laugh at me..I was wondering if you have any kind of sweet bread?" She bit her lip lightly as she tried to remember what her mother called it. It was a treat their mother made, and her younger brothers would be big babies if she didn't have it for them, it was the day for it.

Ulriq just grinned a little as Alice wiped flour onto her nose, but decided not to say anything. Instead, he looked at what all his sister had bought so far, picking out and apple. He was ready to put it to his mouth and take a bite when Joceline reached over, moving his hand back to the basket. She did all this without looking away from Alice. He sighed a little and put it back.

--
June 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

Alice giggled at at Ulriq and then looked back at Joceline, "Well we have a few kind of breads that are sweet," she smiled and led them over to the bread baskets, "Do you know the name of the bread your looking for?

June 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Joceline shook her head a little, "I'm afraid I'm not a very good baker, and even worse at remembering the names of things. I know my mother makes it with honey, if that is any help. It's probably an easy name, like Honey Bread, and I'm just too daft to know." She shrugged slightly, biting her lip.

"It's not that you're too daft little sister. It is that you're too concerned with running away from all of your siblings. ANd who could blame you, seeing as they are all boys, and mother's not much conversation." Ulriq grinned, "Mother's great at talking, but not so much listening. So you go off into the woods and don't bother learning the names of breads." He tsked her and shook his head, "What a poor wife you'll make." He teased, smirking a little. He could see the tick in his sister's jaw. She was trying very hard to remain calm and paised, and not turn and punch him square in the nose-exposing that she really wasn't a proper lady at all.

--
June 28, 2012 at 6:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

Alice made her way to the bread, "Well I can give you both a few samples," she smiled up at Ulriq.

July 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Ulriq grinned and stepped foward, "I love samples." He set the basket down on the counter and leaned against it a little.

Joceline rolled her eyes and snorted, mumbling somthing under her breath. She looked outside briefly and smiled a bit, "Ulriq, you get your favorites..." She handed him some money, "I'll be back in just a moment." And away she went before he could respond, catching up with one of the local farmers. The man also breed amazing horses, and she'd just been given permission to get a filly or a colt from him, as her horse was getting to be too old to go running around all the time.

--
July 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

Alice watched after Joceline lingering on her for a second longer, then smiled up at Ulriq, "So why don't you tell me which one you want to try and I'll get them for you." She took a bread out of one of the baskets and ripped a piece off, "But you should definitly try this one first," She made a double take at the mirror and blushed as she wipped her nose off from the flour that had been on there.

July 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Ulriq watch his sister go off and gave a soft disaprooving sigh, watching her talk to the man. He loved his sister, but sometimes he wondered if she shouldn't have been sent off to grow up with other women, maybe then she'd be more lady-like.. And less troublesome for their mother. He turned back to Alice, smiling a little, taking the piece she offered him. He popped it in his mouth and couldn't help but grin wickedly when she wipped off her nose. He chewed slowly, nodding a little, "We'll definately take a couple of these." He pointed to the loaf.

--
July 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

Alice blushed slightly and took a bag off the shelf putting that loaf in a bag. "Umm, and this one is pretty good, its a little sour but it's one of our best sellers," She said ripping off another piece of bread and giving it to him, "So you're new in town aren't you?"

July 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Ulriq chewed the piece and contemplated buying it. He nodded lightly, "Yes we are. Our mother was born here, we moved back last month when her health became worse." He nodded again, "I think we'll try one loaf of that, do you have any plain bread, something we can soak in milk? Stale would be best." He was thinking of one of his mother's favorite things to eat when she wasn't feeling well. It was an odd combination, but it made her happy.

--
July 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

Alice bit her lip lightly, "Um maybe," She put that bread in the bag also and went to one of the other baskets, digging through some of the older bread she looked back at him, "Where were you before you moved here?" She pulled out some stale white bread and put it in the bag also, Smiling at him.

July 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

"We were raised just outside of Jordan..Our father worked for Lord Bryton." Ulriq said, "My older brothers still live in that area." He glanced over his shoulder when Joceline came bounding back in, all smiles and clearly happy.  "What did you get?" He asked her.

"A colt. That little spotted one we saw on our way here." Joceline said, "What all have you picked out?" She looked to the bag and then to Alice, smiling sweetly.

Ulriq grinned, "Bread." He said before looking to Alice again.

--
July 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

Alice, blushed lightly, "Is that it for you then?" She smiled looking between Joceline and Ulriq. She felt self conscience looking between them both and looked down at her feet.

July 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Ulriq nodded a little, "I think we'll survive on that and my sister's cooking." He stood up straight again, nearly 6'3", maybe just a little shorter. He toward over his sister, not that she seemed bothered by it."How much?"

Joceline gathered the basket off the counter and watched Ulriq pull out their bag of coins. SHe was anxious to get going. As confident as she acted, she was intimitated by Alice. Pretty, sweet, and could cook, she'd have no problem fitting in anywhere she went, no problem pleasing her family no doubt, and no trouble finding a husband. She was the daughter her mother had always wanted..

--
July 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

"Um three loaves is 4 bronze coins," she smiled and went to the bakeries purse, looking at the two of them out of the corner of her eye, her brother came back out, "Alice, you should hurry then man with the horses is about to leave," You better hurry if your going to get that filly." Alice looked up and smiled, "Is it okay If you pay Anthony? I have to go." She didn't wait for an answer but hurried out of the bakery.

Anthony shook his head, and went to the counter, "Head in the clouds that one," he said smiling down at Joceline.

July 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Ulriq started to pull out the coins and looked at her brother when he came out. "Sure." He answered Alice belated and looked at Anthony, nodding a little. "Her too." He indicated to Joceline as he handed over the coin.

Joceline blushed furiously and glared at her brother, not meeting Anthony's gaze anymore. She crossed her arms over her chest. "My head isn't in the clouds." She muttered softly.

--
July 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

Alice ran up the stairs grabbing her purse, She waved down the man and bought a white and chesnut filly." Your so beautiful," she wispered, She looked behind her, she knew her father would be considerably angry with her if he found out, but it was her money and she would do what ever she wanted with it. She made her way quickly to Mr. Hickley's Inn, she had had this planned out for months, but he was the key, if he went back on their deal, she wasn't sure what she would do.

July 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Ulriq grinned a bit, he'd never seen his sister blush before. "Sure it's not." He said after taking the bag from Anthony, "Thank you." He said, "We'll be back one day for this fancy bread." He chuckled, "Or if she has to cook again."
This time Joceline didn't hold back, she punched her brother square in the chest, turned on her heal and stormed off. And damn her brother, all he did was laugh and start to fallow her out.

--
July 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.