AnimeRPMadness

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Reserved Area! > Arabian Nights

Jinx
The desert can be a harsh and unforgivable place. For those lucky enough to live in the city of  Dhāt al-Jinān- The City of Gardens- the large Rub' al Khali desert is simply an added protection from enemies. Several wells in the area, as well as the shallow lake in the center of the city, provide an oasis for residents and traveling merchants alike. The city is the center of the vast trade route and the capital city of the Kindah Kingdom. 
The Kindah Kingdom has rule and influence over several tribes- their influence on the tribes being more from personal prestige rather than settled authority- has helped make the city and it's fair King popular.
King Aali lacks only one thing, and that is a son. With four wives he's fathered thirteen daughters, with no hope of producing a son. He will not marry again and his wives are all too old to bear children anymore.
Of his daughters, Aaliyah is his most cherished. The oldest of his children, and his only child with his first wife, she is the gem of heart. No jewel or ammount of money compares to her in his eyes.
He only wishes she wasn't so stubborn.

Aaliyah scratched her horses neck before sending him into the shallow lake. He was a stunning two year old stallion, fleabitten bay with while/silver hair. And he was her pride and joy, her baby. He let hardly anyone touch him, and if he even smelled her on the wind anyone trying to handle him could forget about it. The princess slipped out of her slippers and waded into the water until it hit her knees. She grinned a little because one of her newer gaurds fidgetted uncomfortably. Seemed everything she did made him a nervous wreck. The other nine guards knew her well enough that they didn't even flinch when she stepped into the water. Now, if she went much further that would indeed be an issue. 
The air was full of spices, an influx of merchants town, bringing in more spices, fabrics, and jewels. The city was alive today, despite the heat. New merchants always brought in an influx of entertainers though, so she wasn't surprised. 
Not far from her there were children playing in the lake, splashing and giggling and just having fun. They didn't seem to notice her there in the water, or her band of guards watching everywhere for a sign of threats.

"Princess?" Her guard caught her attention, "Your father is requesting you return to the palace. To meet him in the gardens."
Aaliyah nodded and sighed, calling her horse to her before making her way on the side streets up to the palace. It was built up on a hill, just enough that it looked over the city and had a near perfect view of the lake in the center of the oasis where they'd built the city. She put the horse away in his stall and then continued on to the garden- only two of her senior guards continued to follow her. 

"Bābā?" Her voice soft as she approached from behind him.
"Habibti." The sultan smiled and stood, kissing the top of his daughter's head. "I have wonderful news for you daughter." He motioned to the bench and sat with her. "My dearest daughter. You know how I love you."
"I know-" She stopped when he held up a hand.
"But I worry about your future. I worry about this wonderful city. I have no sons to pass it to, and though I would give it to you, I can not. Not to you alone." His smile became broad again, "And now I don't have to fear." He stood, continuing to talk and not noticing that his daughter had gone pale and looked as though she'd been punched. "I have found you a husband. A good Prince, I like him very much. He is incredibly wealthy, which will only help out city, and he's well loved where he's from. Though his older brother will be King of his own city- you know I had hoped to find someone who would be inheriting a crown of their own- but he's a very respectful young man. He says his father takes his mother's consideration in everything. You will be his Queen, his only queen, but maybe not his only wife. That is not a bad thing though. Your mother was very glad I had a second wife before you were born." He sighed softly, there was still sadness in his eyes whenever he spoke of his first wife.
Finally he gave a soft sigh and looked to his daughter. His brown furrowed and he frowned, "Aaliyah? Are you alright?" His frown deepened, "You are not happy."
"How can I be happy?!" She exclaimed, jumping up from the bench, "I want to fall in love! If I marry at all I want it to be for real love! And besides, I have told you time and time again, I want to run my own breeding operation, I want to enter my horses in the races and see them win!" She waved her hands in the air, "I cannot do that with a husband. He acts respectful to you because he wants something of you! He will not have to be kind or respectful of me once we are married! My stallion has more freedom than a woman married to a sultan!" She stopped at that, calming down, "I did not mean you, father, but you are kind and extraordinary. No sultan is like you, no man treats his wives with as much respect and love as you, or their daughters for that matter." She walked to him, taking his hands, "Please, do not make me marry someone I don't love, let alone I don't even know.." When he just stared at her with a disaproving frown she let go of his hands and crossed her arms.
"Why can this Prince not marry Karima? She wishes to marry and she wishes to be Queen!" She rolled her eyes, "I have no desire for either. I do not want such a responsibility. Ever."
--
No one will love you the way I do
January 23, 2016 at 3:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner

The short haired guard outside the door listened intently; he knew eaves dropping was not of his personal interest thought standing guard for the Princess was always a task at that. He was in his standard drapes though had shoulder armor as well as strapped armor at his legs which looked rather heavy on him but he carried them with ease. He had been a guard for long enough to know rutine here and often could anticipate what the Princess would do next; stepping away from the door he saw it thrust open with the woman bursting out. He gave a small smirk and looked over to her, "Short tempered as always Princess?" Orsic the handsome guard watched her with rather dark green eyes and put his hands crossed his chest, "You know your father is right. You should marry this Prince so that your father will be at ease knowing his country will be well sought after. Do you not want him happy and at ease? And it should come as a great respect to be a Queen. And don't think for one minute you can find love... you know for a fact if they know you as who you are it will only seem like love but it wil be a betrayal of your heart." Eyes grew stern as he just wanted to protect her but in all honesty he wanted her all to himself. She didn't have to be a Queen or she could be his Qween and he would gladly take on the responsibilities of being a Sultan.

ORSIC- Guard

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/Yudan333/d6d8a64b96893348a2efea67f92898b0_800_zpsrzknhn0a.jpg~original

--

¬_¬ Get out of my way or I will make you... ¬_¬

my many characters

April 26, 2016 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Aaliyah stormed away from the garden, furious with her father because he would not even consider her feeling in this. She shot her guard a dark glare. Like her father her brown eyes were nearly black when she was angry. "And you should know your place. I may be little more than than property for my father to be bartered and sold, but I am at least more than. Your position." She continued away from him before coming up with something else to say, "And you, if you think it is so grand to be a Queen, you become one." she said dryly before crossing her arms and turning on her heal. Her nose to the air as she walked away from her handsome guard.

--
April 26, 2016 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner

Orsic followed her keping at a steady pace but was still a stride behind her, "Miss Aaliyah I would gladly be a Qween had I been a woman though being a Sultan or King wouldn't bother me the least. Perhaps you can choose your own lover but at least humor your father by having this Prince over so that he thinks you had at least thought about it. It would give him great happiness to see you are at least trying to make him happy and make a step into becoming a leader." His green eyes watched her hair sway from her movement and her whole body seemed to move with each step and the sweet aroma coming from her. A small shake of his thoughts as he saw her eyes on him once more and he raised a brow; he expected to be hit and it has happened before and he wouldn't raise his hand to her of course not only because his job but because his liking of her.

--

my many characters

April 26, 2016 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx
"It is a pitty you were not born a as one of the Sultan's numerous daughters. You seem intent on pleasing him so." She stepped to the side as the two youngest daughters ran past them. "Imagine all the wealth my father will have gained once he's secured marriages for all of his daughters." She walked inside, shrugging off the black sheer viel she used to protect her bare shoulders. She flipped her hair over her shoulders, removing her earings and handing them to a maid that had rushed over to her. She pulled off her necklace next. She looked to the maid, "Polish these please. I want to wear them tomorrow for Liani's birthday celebration. " She walked to the room she shared with her sister and stopped in the doorway. "You can wait out here." she told Orsic then had the maid follow her. She changed her clothes and sent her original outfit to be washed so the smell of the lake didn't cling to it.
--
April 26, 2016 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner

Watching her then the girls rush by he shook his head as he followed her, "He only wants what will be best for his children and being taken care of by well off men. They will be given homes and meals and have a home over their head and wil be loved as well." Seeing her maid he watched the jewels come off and he watched her go to the main room and stood outside as the maid went in he pulled the door shut to allow her the privacy she had required to change and looked to the door, "I still say at least humor your father with the idea of a man whom is a prince that may actually like you and come to love you." He said this with some remourse as he didn't want to see her with another of course he was going to push her away from this Prince even if he had to play a part in doing so.

--

my many characters

April 26, 2016 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx
"You speak as though I have a choice in the matter." Aaliyah said as she emerged from her room in a deep green highly embellished dress, a white hajib veil wrapped around her shoulders and pulled over her hair. It was secured in place with a jeweled hairband, a large emerald resting between her brows. "As I told my father, my horses have more freedom. The only way out of this marriage is death or scandal." She slipped her feet into with satin slippers, "The pain of either is not something I would inflict upon my family. This marriage will cause the death of my heart and nothing else." she said, being completely over dramatic. She didn't care. She gave a long suffering sigh and walked past him. If anyone else spoke to her so freely she would have dismissed them. But Orsic, for his good looks and strength was highly sought after by her sisters. At least the ones old enough to enjoy his presence. And honestly, though she often got her way, she did not want her sister. Karima to have him. Knowing how flirtatious her sister was, there was no end to the ammount of scandal she could cause if she was alone with Orsic.
--
April 26, 2016 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner

Orsic gave a smirk as he followed her, "Oh but maybe you do have a choice. Choose someone of worth in your own eyes. I am sure you have staff that will bend backwards for you if you say the word. Marry not a prince then. Start a love interest with whomever you see fit. Your father couldn't exactly stop you. You have your own money you could go off an do your own thing and tell your father you are finding your own prince." He made sure not to mention himself as an option because it would seem greedy and he wanted to seem modest though beneight his calm exterior he wanted to touch her hand and hold her and tell her it would be alright but he couldn't bring himself to it.

--

my many characters

April 26, 2016 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx
Aaliyah looked at him. "What you are suggesting is treason. Watch your tounve. I would hate to see your head on a pike outside of the city's walls." she said sternly. She turned and walked away again. It wasn't that she didn't like what he was saying, she would love to go off on her own and make her own decisions. But it was not simple as all that. She had made money with her horses that was true enough, but that money was in her father's control, not her own. The horses were hers, but no one would believe that without her father's backing. If she left him he could ruin her chances to survive on her own by simply calling her a theif and a traitor. "It is not that simple as a woman Orsic, you may take whomever you wish to bed, you may do what you chose with your money. But it is not so simple for a woman. Not evsn a Princess."
--
April 26, 2016 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner

"Treason is not as scary as you may think but it does come with a very heavy price." His tone had gone soft as though there was a bad experience behind his past that may have ended badly. "And of course it would be difficult with you being a Princess. All the boundaries and rules and of course guards. The only way you would be able to really have a life that you are wanting to live is as a commoner." He saw the look on her face, "Don't get any silly ideas; I am watching you like a hawk and have no intention of letting you out of my sight."

--

my many characters

April 26, 2016 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx
She scoffed at that. She wasn't blind to the advantages she had as a Princess. "I could not live as a commoner and provide for my horses the way they require. And I will not leave them behind just for a silly notion of love." She had worked too hard on her horses, loved them too much, to even think of leaving them. She gazed at him, "I don't doubt that you're good at your job. But I also don't think it would be very hard for anyone to see a peasant girl with a trail of ten horses following behind her." she chuckled softly at that thought. She finally turned into one of the many courtyards that broke up the palace's indoor spaces. This on had a shallow pool in the center, surrounded by cushions so people could sit and have their feet in the water. Already in there were four of the daughters, and with Aaliyah joining them it was all of the Sultan's daughters of age to marry- or nearly, Liani was turning sixteen tomorrow. She walked to the center to her sisters and took a seat with them, accepting the water Karima handed her. "You look sad for a woman marrying a wealthy prince." Karima commented and sighed, "I would give half of my dowery to be in uour place." she made eye contact with Orsic and smirked, "Then again perhaps not..." she turned to her sister. The two were almost twins, and only six months apart as Karima came from the Sultan's second wife. She was a little shorter and rounder than her aister, but still beautiful.
--
April 26, 2016 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner
Orsic watched her walk away and gave another thought to his ideas. Of course she wouldn't want to leave since the bond was so great with her horses. Not only that but her sisters as well; she likely didn't want to leave them behind. When entering and seeing the sisters he greeted them all with a small bow at the waist. When catching eyes with Karima he bowed, "Looking lovely as ever miss Karima." He was flattered that the Princesses had a small spot for him but his eyes were on the gem of the daughter from the first wife. He stood fast when he saw Liani, "miss Liani. Happy early birthday wishes to you." He kneeled and kissed her hand, "You are becoming quite the beautiful princess. I will make sure that all my guards will keep you safe in case of any silly gentleman caller."
--

my many characters

April 26, 2016 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx
Karima flipped her hair and fluttered her lashes. She looked to her older sister, "Oh stop looking so glum. You're going to be here in your home. Yoyr horses won't have to leave the home they've known for so long. You'll be Queen with a wealthy husband. If he makes you unhappy just make him buy you a dozen more horses. And have another wife so he spends little time with you." she lowered her voice, "He will think he is in control but really you are." Liani blushed and smiled brightly, "Thank you." she was the shyest of the girls so far. She giggled a little and rushed to her sisters, plopping down on the pillow next to Aaliyah. "Surely you're happy that you'll be here? I'm terrified to get married and move so far away from home.. Risk a journey in the desert.." Aaliyah looked at her sisters and shrugged, putting an arm around Liani, "I wont let you go so far from me if it scares you so. I will demand father keep you here." she smiled a little. "I worry, that's all. My horses will legally be his to do with what he choses.. I must act as he says I must. I must dress as he wishes.. Must have his children.. Having babbies killed my mother and my grandmother."
--
April 26, 2016 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner
Orsic watched the shy girl and stood up as he watched her join her sister. He didn't have his eyes go anywhere after he looked to the Princess. His green eyes watched her intently though sound seem to cut out as he watched her hand motions and lips. Why was it so hard to look away; probably because her had no desire to look anywhere else. After a long moment he quickly looked away hoping this wasn't obvious or worse that he may have looked like he was glaring at her which was not his intent.
--

my many characters

April 26, 2016 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx
Aaliyah could feel his eyes intent on her but she didn't look to him. Why was he so stern with her anyway? It's not as though she was much more than a job to him. She finally dared a glance his way, but his eyes were scanning the perimeter. She frowned lightly and then looked to her sisters again. Karima was going on and on about all the jewels and clothes she would expect from her husband. "You will be such an expensive wife I wonder if your husband will have money for any others." "Oh he will. But he will spoil me. I do hope I like his other wives though. It would be a shame if I didn't. I will be stuck having dinner with them often. And seeing their children. I want to be a first wife. But not an only one." "I want to fall in love." Liani spoke up finally, all the girls but Aaliyah just laughed at the notion.
--
April 26, 2016 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner

Watching the ladies he listened but walked over and around to keep moving and stay limber. Hearing the conversations he looked over to Liani and then to Aaliyah seeing the two have a moment of sharing interests. He chimed in in a hefty tone, "Well good luck miss Liani may the ucky one win your heart earnestly. Any man would be lucky to be chosen by such a lovely lady as yourself. I am sure you will find just what you are looking for in the future." He saw the ladies stare at him, "Well at least you have a good choice of picking someone. Guards are not often allowed to have relations because of our line of duty. Just work, sleep, be fed then work again and repeat. Plus the whole testosterone bit. It makes us vigilant and stonger."

--

my many characters

April 26, 2016 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Karima watched him, smiling a little. "I don't think I believe you Orsic. Perhaps you can't often take wives, but all of you are given a day to yourself per month. And I know men don't just sleep on those days. If that were true, fewer of our maids would become pregnant each year and have to find fast husbands. I would think starving you of female contact would be more distracting than keep you on your toes."

Aaliyah glowered at her sister, "Karima," She scolded, but was caught off guard when her sister flicked water at her. She jumped and gasped. The two sisters stared eachother down before Aaliyah splashed her in return. "Alright, alright. I wont scold you, but imagine Baba's face if he heard you speaking that way." That made her sister sigh a little, but Karima nodded. All of the girls adored their father, even when they disagreed with him.  The girls relaxed for a bit, chitchating about what they would want in a husband, in a wedding and home.

Finally though the sun was starting to go down, the temperature dropping with it. Aaliyah stood and left her sisters, wanting to check the stables before dinner. As she and Orsic walked down the hall she turned to him. "I imagine more guards would be allowed to marry if they just asked. My father is a kind man who knows the joys of being married... Several times over." She said with a small smile. She was always more relaxed after spending time with her sisters, they brought her joy. "And in anycase. I'm sure you make enough that you could maintain a lover.." Her cheeks turned a little pink from being so bold, but they were both adults.

--
April 26, 2016 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner

Orsic watched the girls talk but let them enjoy it without his word since he didn't want to talk about his own wants and desires for the woman he wanted. He kept to himself walking over to windows checking outside then walked back to the door. When he saw Aaliyah leave he followed bidding all the ladies a good evening. Walking behind her a stride he left her to her thoughts. "Guards can marry yes but it is often difficult for them since they work here at the palace and then their wives and family away in the city. Making time for them would be hard unless they didn't stay here which would mean less funds to support the family."

"I could indeed but I don't want a ordinary wife or family. I want something different. And protecting you makes me happy. Right now that is what I want to do; protect you Princess Aaliyah." His dark green eyes were intent on her and he was closer to her likely more than he had ever been. He wanted to lean in and kiss her but hearing a commotion at the stables made him look up hearing some horses whinney as though in distress. "What is going on.. Wait! Aaliyah!" He saw her running and he was quick to follow.

In the shadows a robed figure was moving around the horses and took a lead and began to place it over a horse. "Shhh don't worry just for a bit of fun really. I woudn't take you from this gorgeous oasis." When he heard the other horses get a bit frantic he slunk down and hearing the doors open he stayed still and down below holding the reins and looked to the horse and placed fingers over his lips as if the horse understood.

--

my many characters

April 26, 2016 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Aaliyah didn't mind him being so close, she didn't intend to move away either. She wanted to ask what it was about being her guard was so enjoyable. Honestly she would have tired of her if she was in his shoes. But the sound of nervous horses reached her ears and she was gone, damn the danger.

When she burst into the stables, a couple of the mares nickered at her, but they were nervous. She walked quickly down the rows, counting. Yes. She had all ten still here, which made her happy, but what on earth could have spooked them? She calmed her steps and started speaking. Her voice soothing and almost musical as she greated each horse as though nothing was wrong. Aaliyah gave each horse a few scratches and a kiss, looking them over. Finally she got to the last horse, her prized stallion and her favorite one of the lot. She smiled at him, "There there. Your girls are alright." She stroked his nose. "Did a dog come through? Hmm? Stir things up again?" The thief was close to being seen by her, but instead she looked to Orsic. "Do you see anything?"

--
April 26, 2016 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crush
Site Owner

Orsic followed and drew his blade as he watched her checking the horses he walked the perimiter though saw no one. Eyes looked around more carefully and he took a lantern and it it with a strike of a match and looked around holding it and blade at ready, "No I did not. Do they spook so easily when animals come in or others walk by?"

The bandit quickly unlatched the front of the entry and hopped onto the horse and both rushed down the path but reared at the Princess and Orsic. Orsicgrabbed her shoulders and pulled her aside to avoid being hit. The males face was covered by the cover on his head and he rushed out past them. Orsic sheathed his blade and blew the candle out to not start a fire, "Go back inside, I will chase after him with another hors- PRINCESS!" He saw her on her stallion in only moments and she was out the door giving chase. "That brat!" Orsic was quick to try to get another horse ready for himself.

The bandit raced across the oasis and down the empty streets and looked back, "Ah a chaser? I expected nothing less." He turned down a alley and the horse leapt over a gate then continued though the narrow passage, "Hurry hurry lady!" The male chuckled with a charming tone as though this was just a game.

--

my many characters

April 27, 2016 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.