AnimeRPMadness

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Bar > The Odd One Out

Sicarius

Dark eyes scanned the crowd briefly, before settling on the drink in front of her.  Purple hued, it seemed to move inside the glass, swirls of silver occasionally making themselves known.  Ears  took in the unique sounds of 'Dr. Frankenstein and His Electric Zombies' up on the stage.  Dressed in a simple midnight purple dress, the young woman looked just like anyone else at this upscale joint.  Sure, her dress wasn't nearly as flashy as some of the things others were wearing, but it flattered her petite figure nonetheless.  Her long hair was done up in a simple fashion as well.  Her heels of decent design...The silver bracelet set with a small, yet brilliant sapphire looked elegant on her tiny wrist.

Yep...she looked just like everyone else...

But everyone else knew different.

She could tell by the various comments her keen hearing picked out from the various conversations others were having around her.  "What's she doing here?"  "I thought this was invite only..."  "Lady Rose has been gone for centuries..."  "Her type aren't allowed in here...Why haven't they thrown her out yet?"  "I thought the air smelled funny..."  "...her lover?  But I thought Lady Rose..."

At that last one, her lips turned up.  Her bodyguard...she thought, now raising the glass to her lips and pretending to take a drink.  That was my role for Sapphire...that was the part I played for my Mistress...It was a role she'd have continued to play had Sapphire's push to free her and the others of her type not come to fruition.  As far as lovers went, women weren't her type...again, her lips turned up.  They'd never been Lady Rose's type either, come to think of it.  She let her thoughts wander now, as she turned her eyes to the band.  I've come a long way since that cage in the square...since my first cantankerous meeting with Sapphire...I wonder what she'd say if she saw this...A Wolf Shifter in an all vampire club...An inner chuckle.  Glass was raised again, and this time she did take a swallow, lips lifting again into a slight smile at the taste of huckleberry and the lack of the alcohol's bite.  Best be careful, Zephan old girl...too many of these and someone's liable to try and take advantage...another chuckle, this time aloud...one lost in the sounds of band beginning another set.

August 29, 2015 at 6:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

(Hi, I was just wanting to ask before I posted. Is this rp open to anyone or is this being saved for someone?)

October 8, 2017 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius
((By all means, feel free to reply. ^^ ))
October 11, 2017 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

Silver eyes slowly scanned the room as the music blared around him, the mass of flashing lights casting shadows all over the dance floor. 'Party like you could die tomorrow...so is this how the undead party? how interesting.' a smirk graced the man's lips as he looked around the room at the mass of faces as he walked onto the dance floor, casualy making his way through the crowd of dancers as he took a sip of his red drink nestled within his grip as his other hand rested in his pocket.  'So many people, so little time...i wonder just who will be willing to split a deal.'

His movements ceased as he passed a table hearing a slight chuckle barely catching the sounds from over the music, his ears only able to catch the sound due to the closeness to the table. "Well well...what do we have here? A wolf among sheep perhaps?" Calmly he walked round to the front of the girl's table, "Well Hello Beautiful, i do believe i've not had the pleasure. My names Nicholas NightBreeze." The man smiled softly as he waited for her response, not even taking a seat as a show of respect & edicate.

October 12, 2017 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius
She looked up from her drink slowly, dark eyes thoughtful as she gazed at the approaching stranger. At his introduction, she merely nodded. "Good evening Mister Nightbreeze, the pleasure is all mine I'm sure." She raised her hand, the one with the bracelet, and motioned to the seat opposite her, a silent invitation to sit down. "It is an interesting sentiment," she said after a small pause, "your quip about wolves and sheep...and honestly," here she smiled, "both you and they have no idea the truth of it..."
October 22, 2017 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

With a slight bow of his head, the gentleman slowly pulled out the seat before her than sat gently placing his glass down on the table as he looked at her. Eyes locked on her face as he listened a smile on his face warm & inviting but also cunning. Hearing her response to his remark earlier made him laught laughtly before he spoke once mor, "Oh of no doubt but what femme fatale isn't a wolf." With that said he casually signaled for a waiter, "Would you like a refill? My treat."

October 25, 2017 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius

Zephan quirked an eyebrow at his femme fatale comment.  "I assure you sir," she replied airly, "I have had no cause to charm anyone before administering that which was well deserved..." a smile here, "Far more expedient to take action rather than to draw it out...few exceptions..."  Looking down at her now empty glass, she smiled again at his offer.  "Would you mind if I made it a simple elderflower sour?  A little easier on the wallet and quite a lot easier on the alcohol content..."  She lapsed into silence now, waiting for his answer.  All in all it wasn't so bad, her being here...especially as she was actually getting to converse with someone who, while not necessarily a friend, wasn't showing her utter disdain.  "Pray tell," Zephan said, after a time, "What brings you to a place like this?  I mean, sure, the drinks are good and the bands are...relatively decent...but there are far more interesting places to frequent with far less potential for danger..."

November 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

Once the waitress had arrived at their table his eyes shifted to her, "Why yes hello...i need a Elderflower sour for the young lady & Cherry bomb blast for myself." WIth a slight smiled the man slide a twenty dollar bill into her chevage as a tip which he merely had recieved a smile for. The man before her  clearly smooth with his words & actions, a true ladykiller if there ever was one. Once the waitress was off he returned his attention to the girl across from him.

Hearing her question made him laugh slight but than he started to speak once, "It's true, to be honest i own a night club myself so i can't say im here for drinks, the band, or even woman. I'm simply here looking to make someone's night a bit better. You see i have a small side business i like to do, I grant people a favor & in turn they owe me a favor later." With that said he nodded to the waitress as she returned handing them some drinks but below his was what appeared to be a folded white napkin, "Well well looks like i got a fan." Picking up the napkin he looked inside with a chuckle, "Her names Mandy, don't think ive ever slept with a Mandy...hmm first time for everything." Slipping the Napkin into his jacket pocket he put his attention back onto Zephan with a slight apologenic bow of his head, "Sorry if i made you uncomfortable, I tend to be a bit to open about these kinda things. So if i may ask, why are you here Miss? I could tell before i walked over that you wasn't quite enjoying yourself."

November 8, 2017 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius

She raised an eyebrow, "A favor for a favor...interesting..."  Dark eyes watched the rest of the scene in front of her.  The small signs of interest the waitress showed toward the ladies' man.  It wasn't that hard to figure out really...nor were his actions towards that very same waitress.  Zephan offered up a mirthless smile, "I've seen far more boorish behaviour from far less agreeable people," she said by way of reply before sipping her beverage.  "As for why I'm here..." she paused, expression thoughful, "...well, I made a promise...one I will continue to keep...I serve as a reminder, you see...to those who run this establishment.  A very...unpleasant...reminder...One they would be glad to forget, but due to their own promises, aren't allowed to."  Zephan gave a small shrug, silver bracelet catching one of many lights.  "...and, even if you were to grant them such a tremendous favor as would allow them to scrub their past clean, I would still find a way to uphold my own oath..."  Another pause, "...as for your potential conquest...the waitress Mandy? ...I suggest you tread carefully...she is Marked...and it is considered unwise to mess with those tied so intimately with the Court...no matter how..." another sip, "...charming...you consider yourself to be..."

November 22, 2017 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Don

The man casually sipped at his drink listening to the woman as she spoke of her promise than of the owners of the club, hearing her mention of him scrubing up their past made the man chuckle lightly. Slowly he sat his glass down, his fingers slowly moving up along the glass almost graciously as she spoke of the waitress being Marked. "Marked you say? So basically someone here claims ownership of a human being?...The undead truly have grown a nice pair in the past millennium haven't they. They get a small taste of false immortality & boom, They are gods."

Smirking slightly the man lifted his glass once more, clearly not bothered at by her mention of this Court. "To put your mind at ease Miss, You'll be happy to hear that i have no interest in help these people clear that past deeds. I much prefer to look to the future, to give my favors to those that have nothing. You see to give power to a powerful person, The outcome is easy to see...but to give Power to someone that has No power, now that is interesting. Cause nothing is less predictable than giving power to someone that has none." SHifting his eyes, he let them fall on the Mandy as she took the drink orders from another table. "Like maybe granting a normal Marked Woman...the ability to be free or maybe own her owners. Wouldn't that be interesting to see? How would one take having their Property taken from them...than released with Power passibly stronger then they possess." With that said he raised his glass leatting more of his drink slide down his throat as his eyes seemed to change to a monsterious red & yellow through the glass before he set it back down revealing his eyes to still be there normal Silver.

November 25, 2017 at 9:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sicarius

She looked at him then, eyes showing only a hint of storm within the dark depths.  "You are young then..." she said after a time, gaze wandering to scan the crowd.  "...too young to remember just how things used to be..." A soft sigh as she raised her glass back to her lips.  Clearly this one was also not really aware of the intricacies of being Marked...it was a mutual agreement.  It had to be, with the risks involved...

"She is far more free than you believe her to be," she said at last, "...to be Marked means to be held in equal regard...you, I think, are thinking of Branding...leaves a different mark and has a different effect...and as far as power goes, well," she just gave a small shrug.  I suppose that depends on perspective, she thought, ...but to have the respect and heart of a vampire I think must bestow more than a small measure...  "Ah, yes...and my mind, good sir, does not require easing..." this said as she took silent note of his eyes, "...even one with abilities as one such as yourself surely possesses would be hard pressed to erase what has already been written."  Lips twitched upward slightly as she felt a set of eyes focus on her, "You might keep an open mind Mister Nightbreeze...you may actually find the power dynamic is far different than you imagine it to be..."

March 13, 2018 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Don
The man merely chuckled in response listening to the woman speak her belief on the subject but it was fine differences in opinion was bound to happen. To be honest its those differences in opinion that made things interesting but one of her slight remarks did indeed peak his interest, "Hard pressed? Oh no my dear...I fear you would be wrong on that. Changing history is quite a easily feat for me...of course my Bastard of a father would likely change it back if he could pull his head out his ass long enough." Slowly he placed down a twenty dollar bill before he stood offering the woman one last smile with a few parting words, "Oh Lady Zephan, your comment about being to young to remember. Your quite wrong after all...I've been around since Daddy dearest made this planet, I simply didn't care about occupants on earth tell recently. Figured I'd enjoy a little vacation...Let my brother's manage hell for awhile." With that said he offered her a sweat smile before walking away back into the crowd of the dance floor.
March 20, 2018 at 5:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.