AnimeRPMadness

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Reserved Area! > Insert Jinx's Clever Title Here(Kingdome of Ededrird-Jinx and Ranaha)

Jinx

{{Wow that is a stupidly long name.... GO ME :D}}

At the edge of Ededrird, just beyond the Talkerian Mountains, is a small farming town. Not big enough to demand a full troup of Knights, but not small enough to be entirely ignored either. The town is called Mountain Grove, and sometimes just Town, and is comprised mostly of a few permanent buildings and an ever changing market place. The permanent buildings are the Church, tavern which acts as a motel also, the blacksmiths and a smattering of other stores and one stable for travelers. Near the edge of the town is a home built specially for the knights there-none of whom have families. Farmers make up the most of the population, though around harvest time the population explodes with hired extra help- there is a poor hamlet not far away and the citizens there can always use any extra coin they can recieve and are generally cheap labor for all they do. Oddly, the area is known for a great many of produce. From grapes and other fruits that make the best wine to the finest wool in the kingdom. Some in town speculate that the only reason the town grows so slowly is because all of the land near the town is taken, or outside of the kingdom's land.

Jonah drove his dull sword through the dummy made of straw and old shirts. One of the few Knights in the town, he had nothing better to do than to keep in shape. He wiped his brow and glared up at the sky. The sun was beating down on him, and at the same time it was muggy and humid from the gathering storm. The man was not a happy camper. Rather new to the town, he was convinced that the only reason he was here was because he'd been flirting with the queen's handmaiden instead of her. Their Queen was young, the second wife of their King, and the relationship-like most royal weddings- had not been her choice. So when he'd prefered her handmaiden, she'd told her husband that he'd made an advance on her. Then she was the one to request he be exiled to this hell hole instead of giving him a chance to defend himself. So, instead of being dragged infront of the eintire palace and given a chance to charm the court and convince them of his innocence, he was given new orders to come to Mountain Grove or whatever the hell it was called. He pulled his sword free and stabbed it into the ground as he took a seat and large drink of water. Tall and broad, his dark brown hair ended at his shoulders and was pulled back away from his face. Green-blue eyes and his mouth was almost always turned down in a slight frown. It made him look mean, which, as grumpy as he was, he probably acted mean.

Jessa pushed her strawberry blonde hair back from her face as she stirred the simmering jam. She hated making jam in the summer, but with a bountiful first strawberry harvest, there wasn't anything else she could do with the fruits that didn't sell or were nearing the tipping point between ripe and molding. So, she was making jam. "Nearly there." She said and looked to the chair that held her only companion, her cat. Was she a little strange for talking to cats? Maybe, but people also thought she was crazy for believing it was the little magical creatures living in the area that made their harvests always so good. She was convinced that was it, but her father insisted it was the grounds being so fertile as it was an abandond dragon's nesting area. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of years ago, female dragons would come here and lay their eggs and the remaining shells decomposed and made the bad land good again. Of course, plenty thought her father was crazy too.

--
No one will love you the way I do
May 29, 2014 at 3:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

It had been a few lifetimes since she had been back to the breeding grounds. Obviously not one of her life times but one of the dominant mammals life times. She turned onto her back scratching an itch that had plagued her for the last few days that was tucked between her wings. . She was feeling cooped up and knew she would need to go out flying soon. She blew out a cloud of smoke in annoyance. She knew what laid beyond her mountain keep, those mammals trying to take over the land, her land, and if all felt troublesome to leave. She stretched again, she supposed she could take the form of those pathetic beasts but it wouldn't feel as good as her wings at all, but she was feeling lonely. She morphed into a large white wolf and made her way down the mountain to the breeding ground.

Kenneth pulled on tthe reigns as he made his way to the shop, he hated going in there, but he needed to order new iron tools, he had used his old ones up as much as he could. He pulled his hat down so he wouldn't have to make eye contact with any of the Forgan sisters but as he pushed open the door they all seemed to flood to him. "I uh just need to order some tools" he said trying to push his way through the gaggle of girls as they tried to get him to marry them

May 29, 2014 at 4:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Jessa started humming to herself as she finished, putting the jam in clay jars and sealing them. With those stored in the roots shed to cool and keep, she grabbed her hat and tied it on, changed her apron to a clean one and grabbed her basket and a book. She was happily on her way off of their farm when her father shouted for her. 
"Girl!" He shouted, waving her over to the barn, "Take these to Old Shakey."
Instantly she protested, "Must I? Mr.Hammil is.. Well, he's off-putting."
Her father rolled his eyes and took her basket and handed her his, filled with some of their veggies from their garden, eggs and ale. "He's a poor blind man Jessa, I don't see why you're so charritable to everyone else, but him. I know you say he's grabbed at you, but I'm sure it was an accident, nothing else. Now go."
Jessa gritted her teeth and stormed away. Old Shakey, he was called that because he seemed to stammer when he spoke, was not blind and she knew he wasn't. She could just feel it. And she wasn't entirely sure the shaking was real either. He seemed pretty steady when he was drunk the last time she'd run into him in town, cloaked and he didn't look like himself. But he was the only one who had ever made her feel unsafe. Men in general made her nervous, but she was shy. Shakey terrified her.

Jonah finished his water and grabbed his sword. He tested it's balance and snorted. He would need the blacksmith to make him a new one. The one he'd been given here to practice with was all wrong, and how could you expect your men to fight well if they trained with a poor sword, and then fought with a good one. Their swings and techniques would be all wrong. He stabbed it harder into the ground and left it there as he walked away from the back of the knight's shared home and to a tree for some shade.

--
May 29, 2014 at 4:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

The large wolf made her way to the edge of the forest where she changed again growing smaller and more dog like. She walked joyfuly into the breeding ground. The Humans were everywhere, running around from here to there. She snorted at their silly little lives. And kept a casual pace around them. Now to pick herself a play toy. Her tounge fell out of her mouth, the day was pretty warm. The action disgusted her. She needed to find her toy quickly cause she was not very happy being a dog.

Kenneth arms were full as the shop keeper and his daughter filled him up with things he didn't really need. But he had never been good at saying no, except when it came to men wanting to marry him off to their daughters. He had no desire to settle down, but everyone seemed to think he needed to be hitched right away.

May 29, 2014 at 5:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Jonah lay down in the shade of the tree, glaring up at the sky as he tried to think of ways he could get the hell out of here. There were far too many daughters. They'd have to bring in young men with the promise of land or money, or send some of their daughters away in attempts to get some of them married. And some, well. Some were just too plain for him. Or too pious. He had no intention of settling down anytime soon, so the whole 'waiting for marriage' thing didn't work for him. When he'd come out here, he'd thought they would be looser than city women, but it turned out to be the other way around,

Jessa walked down the road, chewing on her lip as she wondered if she should disobey her father. But no, he'd ask Shakey the next time they met, and her father would probably spank her- just like a child- for it. That was not a humiliation she wanted in her life, seeing as the last time he'd spanked her, he'd done so in the market place in front of the entire town and strangers. Her cheeks flared pink and she walked with a more determined stride to the stables where Shakey lived. The stable owner in town felt bad for him, as many did in the town, and gave him free board in the old groom house. Now the grooms slept in the hay loft, or at home if they had it. She stared hard at the ground, not paying attention.

--
May 29, 2014 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

The dog looked at the man under the tree for only a moment then made its way to sit by him, not touching him. Her white fur seemd to glisten in the light of day,  as if it was actually made of scales, but to the touch it would soft as silk. She eyed the man sitting next to her out of the corner of her eye.  He seemed out of place, the breeding ground was home to many differnet humans, but they all fit well into the small town feeling of the breeding ground. He seemed upset, but at the same time resolved to his fate.  She decided to dig a little deeper. Hopefully he wouldn't be trained too well, so that she could probed his mind a little deeper, finding out his deeper desires and specificily his taste in women.

Kenneth made his way back to his cart, he looked around, things had been different since his ma had died. His da had stopped working on the farm, and his sister was far to young to be helpful around the farm. He sighed and pulled out one of the sack of potatoes he would pay for his supplies with. He knew that there wasn't much he could do for his family when it came to the death, but he would be able to run the farm by himself, for awhile anyway. As long as nothing went wrong. Kenneth sighed, usually everything went wrong.

May 29, 2014 at 6:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Jonah scowled a little, rubbing the side of his head. He remembered an older knight, a captain of sorts, telling him that if you ever felt like your brain was itching, it meant something was trying to dig into your mind. He'd thought the old man was full of shit then, and still did now. But for the first time, he was feeling something he couldn't explain. He shook his head and determindly snapped his eyes shut; ignoring the feeling. With that, he finally did forget it, that strange sensation and started to drift into a half sleep state. With a slight frown he started thinking about his taste in women. Looks, well, they weren't all too important. Just not short women. He didn't like feeling like he was with a child, so that excluded most of the women in town. Of course, most of them were children in his eyes. All they wanted was to get married and have babies, no other ambition it seemed. He liked strong and smart women. Fierce and puts up a fight, maybe doesn't want to settle right away. With a jolt he sat up, looking directly to the wolf. It was like his nerves had suddenly buzzed awake when they realized she was there.

Jessa muttered something under her breath, trying to convince herself that she would be just fine to visit Shakey by herself. She tucked a loose strand of hair back just before she smacked into the side of Kenneth's wagon. Bouncing back, she landed flat on her ass, arms spread out and the basket-and it's contents- all over the road. A moment of silence was followed by laughter. She had no idea that someone was coming through town driving a wagon much too quickly. That would of course be her luck. Jessa Marlow, killed by a runaway wagon. Her mother had been killed by a log being lifted to rebuild the roof of the local stables, so it would only be fitting that her daughter die in a similar accident. Rummor had it that the Marlow's were cursed and women were crazy to marry into their family. And men were looked as kind of saviors for Marlow women, keeping them safe from the curse.

--
May 30, 2014 at 2:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

The dog barked lightly, as if chuckling and then walked off at a brisk pase. The human was as easy as she thought he would be. A complete child when it came to a Dragon's age, but she would enjoy playing around with him. The dog walked through the town joyfully. She would probably need to do somthing to get his attention, but knew that she would be able to hold it as long as she wanted.  Reaching the edge of town she turned to a small farm the clothing strung up on the line. Out of the eyes of prying humans she morphed into a human form her long dark hair cascading down her shoulders about halfway down her back. She smiled streaching her hands and fingers lightly, turning her wrists and felxing her elbows. It had been almost 2 thousand years since she had taken human form, she turned her ankles lightly her streaching out her feet.  She ran her new hands down the length of her  body, feeling each curve. She smiled as and started pulling clothing off the line holding it up to herself. They were all pretty plain but as she pulled them on and tied them up everyone of her curves was plan as day. She smiled, she would be the talk of the town. She started on her way back to the training grounds, not trying to cover up her arrival. 

Kenneth looked around the cart when he heard the thump. He looked over "Uh you okay?" He set down the potatoes and made his way over to her, picking up her things looking over her. "You know your not supposed to run in'ta carts that aren't movin'" he walked over to her and pulled her up by her elbow. 

May 30, 2014 at 3:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Jonah stood and watched the dog trot off and narrowed his eyes a little. He grabbed his water canteen and walked over to the barrel of rainwater. He pulled off his shirt and tossed it aside before turning to the water. He cupped his hands and splashed his face and shoulders, the cold water easing some of the discomfort from heat and horrible bedding. He stood up and turned when he heard someone approaching. The knight's eyes took in her curves and he raised a brow as he wipped his face free of the remaining water. "Can I help you?" He asked when she was withing speaking range.

Jessa's cheeks turned pink and she smiled nervously. "Yes.. I'm fine." She bit her lip lightly, "I'm fine." She said again, turning more pink and she dusted herself off quickly. "I was distracted.." She jumped as the wagon came rushing past, stepping closer to Kenneth and his wagon out of fear that she may still be hit. More chewing on her lower lip as she picked at her apron; she was one of the few women who didn't bombarred him with hopes of getting married. Like him, she had family to take care of, well, her father and a few cousins who had come to help on the farm. Finally, after probably too long of silence, she looked at Kenneth and offered him a bright smile, "Thank you for saving me.. I'll send some jam and bread for a thank you later today.." She gently took her basket and things, checking the contents. A few of the eggs had broken, but most everything had stayed in the basket and was fine. "Thank you." She said again, more blushing and she ducked her head and started away.

--
May 30, 2014 at 3:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

"Where you off to?" Kenneth asked before she could get to far away, her smile had send shivers down his spine lightly "Maybe I could give you a ride?" He put a thumb at his wagon, "You know least i could do for that knot on your noggen."

She looked over at him, "I sure hope so." she said leaning on a fense near by, her hair falling over her shoulder and chest. "I think I missed the inn." She smiled and looked him up and down, "Not that I'm dissapointed.I bet I wouldn't find anything like you in the inn"  She giggled and blused lightly. "I just need a place to stay for a few days, before my brother picks me up." 

May 30, 2014 at 4:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Jessa froze when he asked her a question, turning to him. She smiled a little, "Thank you for the offer. I'm headed down to the stables, so they're not very far away. I wouldn't want to bother you." She was going to leave it at that, and then a thought occured to her. "But, would you mind taking me home?" The girl walked back over to him, "I'm taking these to Mr. Hammil, Shakey." She added incase he was one of many who didn't know the eccentric man's name. She bit her lip, not wanting to sound rude, so she came up with a story, "He likes to sit and talk, and I'm afraid I'm not very good at saying no. However, I have chores still at home, so perhaps if I have someone waiting for me, he'll let me go sooner?" She hoped she didn't sound rude or mean like her father always said when she spoke about Shakey.

Jonah snorted a little, "No, I can't imagine you'll find anyone like me down there." He walked over, stopping when there was only fencing between them. "So, are you from a big city, or a small hamlet to miss an inn in a small town like this?" He smirked a little. Teasing her. Rude and arogant was usually his teasing style. For some women it came off as charming, others... not so much.

--
May 30, 2014 at 4:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

The woman smiled playing with the string on her dress, "Its a pretty small place, but we get a lot of knights walking through," She leaned closer to him showing off her chest. "And I'm alone alot." she smiled tilting her head slighty. "Maybe you can help me with that too while I'm in town," She smiled wickdley. She could tell that he was pretty use to getting what he wanted and it excited her human body, "My names Skylar," she said her hand out for him to kiss it."

Kenneth looked up startled. "Yeah, Sure I can do that. THough from what I hear you may need more then an exscape route, my sisters say he's a little handsy.

May 30, 2014 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Jonah smirked a bit more, "Oh are you?" he took her hand and kissed it lightly, but he didn't let it go right away. "My name is Jonah, Sir Jonah." He let her hand go after a moment and walked away from her, grabbing his shirt. After pulling it on, he walked back over to her, leaving the fenced area though. "Now, what would a nice girl like you be doing all alone?"

Jessa walked over to him, frowning ever so slightly. "My father would say I'm being judgemental, but if I were you. I would not allow my sister alone with him, ever." She sighed softly, "My father is convinced that I am just too silly like my mother, and too snobish because she gave me what he calls a 'city' education.. The town she came from was only a little larger than this, but they were close to a city and she worked for a Lady there, so she had to be educated for it.." She shrugged a little, "Perhaps he is right though."

--
May 30, 2014 at 5:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranaha

She smiled and helped him tie the top of his shirt "Nothing really just playing house," She smiled, and leaned in slightly her lips close to his ear "But only playing can't get too tied down can I?" she smiled her lips burshing against his cheek lightly. "So you think you can help be find the inn then? I just need somewhere to rest for a few days."

Kenneth jummped into the front seat cleanning it off lightly. "Yeah after the first time I decided against it." He held out his hand for her." Why don't we go together?"  

May 30, 2014 at 5:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jinx

Jonah watched her lips as she talked and tied his shirt. He chuckled softly and shook his head, "No, getting tied down is not very fun, now is it?" He smirked and offered his arm to her, "I'll walk you to the inn Lady Skylar."

Jessa smiled a little and blushed, taking his hand as she got up into the seat with him. "If I'm not taking too much of your time." She frowned after a moment, "What about your potatoes?" She glanced back at the sack, "Were you getting them out, or putting them in?"

--
May 30, 2014 at 5:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.